I really don’t like when I am referred to as Seamstress and I never wanted to be one. I am a Designer! Don’t you think it sounds better? 🙂 But I agree that sometimes I do seamstress jobs too. Would you like to know what is the distinction between those words? Between individuals who know what to do with a sewing machine you will find several types.
People Involved in Sewing
- Individuals who like to sew and do it for themselves and their loved ones at homes. And they do a wonderful job occasionally but they’re far from professionals.
- Tailors. Those who can fix your clothing when it really is too massive or doesn’t fit proper.
- Seamstress. A nice lady who will sew you basically anything you would like should you have a clear thought of what you would like. And it’s appreciated in case you bring her a pattern of that. Unfortunately, many have limited skills beyond doing alterations.
- Designer. You come to me and you know for sure you want something but you’ve got no thought how precisely it should look.
Sometimes my customers do not know at all what they want but they want it. And we work together step by step creating that distinctive look that only she will have and everyone will admire her. It really is my job then to come across the most effective color, fabric sort, shape and each and every modest detail for that outfit. And I love that method! I love to create beautiful things for ladies. I do believe that each and every woman is gorgeous when she is dressed right. And it’s often a wonderful pleasure to watch that transformation.
Well, you might be reading this due to the fact you might be looking for a seamstress right now. And if you’re inside the Orlando area I certainly can support you. So why would you choose me?
- I have more than 20 years of experience;
- I can make anything from an easy skirt up to a ballroom gown ready to be seen on Dancing With The Stars
- Alterations aren’t an issue
- I work with any type of fabric
- My work has been on the red carpet at the Emmy Awards, Justin Timberlake’s wedding, movie sets, and have won my customers countless awards in pageants .
- And I am an extremely nice individual to work with
What can I do for you?
Essentially anything that a seamstress or a tailor can do.
- You bought something that you liked very much in a store however it is too long or too big or you want to change it somehow. I can do that.
- Or you want an outfit that you can’t locate in stores. I can make that.
- Your body just isn’t standard and it’s extremely difficult to come across something ready made and you need to look quite professional or “wow”. I can do that also.
- You will need a wedding gown like no one has or one that is precisely like your favorite star had at her wedding. Then you’re at the right location!
- You’ve lost a lot of weight. And now have nothing to wear and your favorite dress is too huge. Congratulations! When it happened to me I totally changed my wardrobe.
As it should be clear now, I can help you with any difficulty if it entails a sewing machine. And I work with anybody from babies till grandmas.
You’ll find several concerns that I will often hear and the first is price. I charge a flat fee of 25 dollars per hour so it is not unusual that I can give you a fairly close estimate of the price whenever you bring me some clothing to tailor or make alterations. However it is typically very challenging to tell you over the phone what the price is going to be. Take a nice lady who wants to have her dress shortened. To some folks it may well appear that a dress is a dress, but an office skirt may possibly have just over 1 yard of border although a sunskirt may well have over 5 yards. Is there lace on the bottom? Does it have any other special attachments or concerns with the way it was constructed?
Occasionally these issues can only be identified when they are visibly inspected by the seamstress. But the very good news is that while a lot of tailors along with other seamstresses may possibly tell you it can’t be done, I will possibly tell you the time it would take to make the changes. Then you can determine if it really is the best choice for you. I recently had a gentleman needing help with the creation of a unique seam for a wall covering making use of fabric. When he came the exact same evening to pick it up, he was surprised at how little the bill was. Since I am very great at what I do, it typically does not take me really long to complete many smaller projects. And my clients benefit from that efficiency.
Another primary concern is time. It is something you will probably have to ask me about. I am often very busy and my schedule fills up quickly. This means that if you need your project done quickly, I may or may not be able to help you. It will just depend on my current workload. Everyone is busy and also the less trips we have to make the better. So if I can do it properly and quickly then, I’ll be happy to save you some travel time. But it really depends on the workload and details of the job.
So with that in mind, I hope you’ll consider me for your next project. It will be a pleasure to show you what is possible in the world of alterations, adjusting clothing, and creating new and special designs exclusively for you!